Your business has everyday tasks. They are specific to you. Xerox ConnectKey adapts your multifunction devices to the way you work.
ConnectKey keeps your workers on-the-go. The technology provides additional functionality. It does so virtually. It does so through the cloud. ConnectKey means you can focus on what really matters: your real business.
Print, scan, fax and copy remain central to what you do. But your business needs more. And ConnectKey gives you more. It means:
- You can print from just about anywhere through mobile print capabilities
- Documents can be scanned directly to cloud services like Google Drive, Evernote and Microsoft Office 365 for storage and collaboration
- You can develop simple applications and embed them on the multifunction printer with easy-to-use tools
Take a health insurance company. With ConnectKey, it can add a feature to its device that allows scanning of reimbursement claims directly into their payment system with just one touch.
Is ConnectKey easy to use?
IT professionals can manage ConnectKey enabled multifunction printers easily. They can also make applications more accessible to your workforce. They can do so right from the device’s touch screen.
ConnectKey also provides a common user interface across multiple devices. This makes them easy to use. And, on multifunction printers enabled with ConnectKey, your data is secured and protected from malware with security from McAfee.
Connect your business with:
Customised UI featuresComplete important tasks right at the multifunction printer. Do so through the intuitive interface’s large touch points and easy menus. This UI is common to all ConnectKey enabled multifunction printers. It allows for reordering of services. It puts important actions at your fingertips. Take the customisable single-touch scan button. This triggers an entire workflow for fast document distribution and archiving.
Making you mobileConnectKey means you can get work done anywhere, on any device.
- Print from iPhones or iPads with built-in support for Apple AirPrint.
- Print from any device to any device when integrated with Xerox Mobile Print. This is available as a cloud service or server-side installation.
- ConnectKey enabled multifunction printers are Mopria certified. Mopria certification ensures you can print wirelessly from your Mopria supported smart phone, tablet and other mobile devices instantly. Do so easily without any setup.
- ConnectKey enabled multifunction printers can be connected wirelessly. This means you can put your multifunction printer anywhere you need it without worrying about network infrastructure.
Scan smarterReduce reliance on paper and capture key information. Do so with enhanced scanning features that simplify workflows. Create single or multi-page, text-searchable PDFs through optical character recognition (OCR). This means information is never locked in paper documents. ConnectKey Share to Cloud scans to cloud-based repositories such as Evernote, Dropbox™, Microsoft Office 365, SalesForce.com, Google Docs and Google Drive for conversion, distribution and archiving. ConnectKey for SharePoint scans files directly into Microsoft SharePoint and other Windows folders. ConnectKey for DocuShare directly scans and routes documents to existing DocuShare collections, shared network folders, email and to the cloud.
Find contacts fasterTime spent looking for contacts is time that could be spent on core business activities. Speed things up with an enhanced address book that stores all email, fax and scan information in a single contact. Simplify workflows with ‘favourites’ that highlight common destinations.
Embedded supportDevice downtime means workplace downtime. On-device access to the full Xerox Online Support database changes this.
Remote control panelOperate the multifunction printer user interface from any office workstation. Do so as though you were standing directly in front of it. Remotely train users and configure multifunction printer settings. And, with integrated security that allows only a single authorised operation at a time, you can prevent multiple remote procedures.
Better device driversSimplify device use and management through a consistent driver platform across all ConnectKey enabled multifunction printers. Train people once for multiple devices.
Faster multifunction printer setupClone existing multifunction printer configurations. Then send them to a similar ConnectKey enabled multifunction printer. This speeds up your setup. This ensures consistent settings for security compliance.
Customise your solutionsExtensible Interface Platform serverless technology allows the creation of applications to run on ConnectKey enabled multifunction printers. You can do so without the need for additional IT infrastructure. This means you can simplify and personalise the usability of your device with a range of capabilities from support applications to scanning.
Xerox device management softwareThe free device management software tool, CentreWare Internet Services, enables the updating of devices remotely. This delivers added productivity. It also offers support of McAfee Embedded Alerts.
Feel secure about your data and businessTechnology means businesses are only getting more connected. With this comes increased risks. ConnectKey safeguards your multifunction printers. It does so in a similar way to how you protect PCs from viruses and malware.
McAfee Embedded SecurityOnly approved, predefined applications, code and files will run on your Xerox multifunction printers. This protects your devices from potential outside threats. With ConnectKey, Xerox is the first company to offer McAfee whitelisting technology for multifunction printers.
This means you can:
- Detect and prevent unauthorised access of multifunction printer files and send alerts
- Have a single point of reference for monitoring, reporting and alerts through the McAfee Enterprise security console ePolicy Orchestrator and Xerox Managed Print Services tool set
- Lock multifunction printer configurations for organisational compliance
- Reduce the need for manual software updates to stay ahead of potential threats
Cisco TrustSec IntegrationCisco TrustSec integration provides comprehensive visibility of all ConnectKey enabled multifunction printers' endpoints. This means you can enforce IT-centric security policies and compliance.
Protection as standardStandard point of purchase features go to work the second you power on your ConnectKey enabled multifunction printer.
Get that safe feeling with:
- 256Bit HD Encryption with image overwrite
- Secure Print with time deletion
- Secure external email connectivity that encrypts data transfer between multifunction printers and externally hosted mail servers.
Industry standards verification checkSatisfy Common Criteria Certification requirements with a simple audit to verify the embedded software controller has not been altered.
Xerox ConnectKey lets you do more with less. Reducing costs keeps you competitiveXerox ConnectKey is the bringer of cost savings. It does so with tools to help people work more efficiently. It does so by controlling the resources used by your multifunction printer.
Application defaultsSave money on toner and ink. Then reduce wasteful printing. Do so with default settings. These can be set across applications and users.
Control user permissionsUser permissions bring total control to your print environment. Take colour printing. Then define which users can print in colour. Or what groups. Break it down to the time of the day and application. You can also distinguish between what capabilities are available for walk-up users.
AccountingBuilt-in accounting capabilities bring increased visibility to your organisation's print activity. Xerox ConnectKey also offers job-based network accounting that integrates with third-party accounting and billing solutions from Xerox Business Partners.
Power management toolsConnectKey enabled multifunction printers are compatible with energy management solutions such as Cisco EnergyWise. This enables IT operations and facilities to measure and fine-tune power usage. The end result? Significant cost savings.
Key features of the solution include:
- IT power management for network-attached devices like ConnectKey enabled multifunction printers
- Visibility, control and automation – 24-hour monitoring and reporting, ease of configuration and policy enforcement