Making the move to a managed print services provider is a big decision for any business or organisation. As a leading provider of print and document management, each and every day we field a range of questions when helping people make the transition to process optimisation.
As such, we’ve put together 5 of the top managed print services questions we’re asked to help you make a more informed business decision.
1. What size businesses benefit from managed print?
The perception persists that managed print services are just for big businesses. In fact, they are suitable for all. The benefits of managed print are large for enterprise. They also scale down perfectly for small businesses. How? Outsourcing your document workflow and printer management changes the way any business creates, manages, stores and shares information.
It means you’ll have one company providing hardware. One point of contact controlling consumables, strategy and maintenance. The end result? Dramatically cut costs. Drive down waste. And improve your company’s productivity. Managed print is big business for companies of all sizes.
2. How much does a managed print service cost?
Managed print services require an outlay. And the type of financial commitment and amount will depend on the solution. The solution will always depend on your needs. RDT aims to save you money. We don’t just look at print. We factor in all of your document processes. This means we can deliver real savings of up to and over 50% a year. That’s why, in a recent survey, 95% of customers told us they love us. Owing to the savings, the service effectively pays for itself. And, as such, it’s perfect for businesses of all sizes.
Transparency is key to all we do. So, prior to the implementation of your strategy, costings are agreed with you. We want to set your expectations. We want to exceed them. RDT’s team of strategists will therefore carry out a complete audit of your print and document setup. We’ll tell you where efficiencies and improvements can be made. We’ll tell you how much this will cost. The print and document MOT is no-obligation. The outcome is control for your organisation’s document workflow.
3. How do I choose my managed print provider?
There are a number of providers on the market. RDT offers a different proposition. Print is very important. Yet, the way we see it, it’s one part of a larger document management puzzle. Looking at your whole print and document infrastructure means we can generate a real return on your investment. It means we can transform the way your business generates, manages, sends, stores and shares data. In a recent survey, 95% of customers told us they love us. And we’re confident you will too.
This is how we work. It’s how we get results. These are some of the steps we might take:
- RDT will conduct an up-front assessment to analyse your current printing and document processes.
- We’ll present a strategy customised around your actual print and document needs.
- RDT monitors, manages and optimises your total print, copy, scan and document environment. It doesn’t matter what brand of devices or software you have.
- Your roadmap will reduce the number and types of printing devices. It will drive down supplies, consumption and costs.
- We’re a proactive business, not reactive. So we’ll identify and solve potential printing issues before they become a problem.
- Automated consumables replacement means staff productivity won’t be affected as you’ll never run out of toner and other document supplies.
- Reduce your environmental footprint through printing less paper, consuming less energy, generating fewer greenhouse gases and keeping waste out of landfills.
- Give telecommuters and mobile workers easy and secure printing access.
- Continuously monitor your printing and document environment and use ongoing process improvements to save you time and money.
- Provide network management and information technology integration, from platform support to cloud-based solutions.
- Train your employees for a smooth transition through change management so they are more satisfied and productive.
- Turn slow, paper-based processes into automated, digital ones.
- Place security centre stage when implementing your print and document solutions.
4. What hardware brands can you manage?
RDT monitors, manages and optimises print and document output environments. We do this regardless of printer and device brand. The outcome is always the same. Brand doesn’t change this. We streamline print and document processes. We do this by reconfiguring your existing system. This might involve managing all your existing hardware and software brands. Your business needs are unique. So your print and document management service will be customised to you. In rationalising your existing fleet, it might be that greater gains can be achieved by introducing leading-edge hardware and software from our partners such as Xerox.
Let’s assess your systems. Identify opportunities. And enhance your business through a range of tools. These include business intelligence software. Production solutions. Scanning and document retrieval tools. Document storage and sharing. Mobile. Asset management. App development. Whatever your needs. Whatever your brand. RDT has all the tools in its box to maximise your print and document systems.
5. Will moving to managed print disrupt my business?
Change is good. Particularly when it’s managed. At a management level, you might have decided upon making the move to print and document management. Even so, you’ll rightly have concerns about the change. How will it affect my business continuity? Will staff struggle with the new systems? Your new print and document management systems are intended to optimise your business. And, with RDT, we always mean to start as we go on. That means downtime will be kept to a minimum.
The change won’t disrupt core business activities. It won’t unsettle staff. Benefits will be felt from day one. How? Through change management. This how we’ll make the transition seamless. This is how we’ll increase buy-in at a staff level. Time, cost and productivity efficiencies will result.