Xerox is preparing to roll the Versant 180 Press off the presses. It’s the long-awaited successor to Xerox’s acclaimed Versant 80 model. As such, it most certainly has some big shoes to fill.
The Xerox Versant Family of Presses is indeed set to grow and technology experts believe the 180 will bring “enhanced finishing options” to the commercial print market.
The question remains, is this the case? RDT’s head of technical services, Marek Wieczorek, recently gave the 180 a thorough test drive. Here’s what Marek had to say.
Xerox Versant 180 Press: quick facts
The print world is changing. It’s undeniable. Of course, you know this. Everyone and anyone inside your company’s printing operation is feeling it.
The change is being driven by customers’ ever-diversifying appetites for shorter run lengths, higher volumes, faster turnarounds, more personalisation, ultimate quality, colour consistency and lower costs. Simply getting a digital press is no longer enough.
Straight out of the box, it’s clear that the Xerox Versant 180 Press will infuse professional printing operations with more capabilities than ever before. Xerox Versant 180 Press enables you to meet market demand.
At a glance:
- Compact and powerful production press printing at 80 ppm
- Enjoy wide media latitude complete with the ability to print on stocks and specialty media from 52–350 gsm
- Error-free output and tolerances to within one millimetre is achieved by way of automated registration and image quality controls
- Beat the competition by offering more with feeding and inline finishing versatility. Produce everything from envelopes to banners to full bleed booklets
- Meet demand with an Average Monthly Printing Volume (AMPV) of up to 80,000 and a maximum monthly duty cycle of 750,000
- The convenience and walk-up simplicity of scanning and copying
Play Xerox Versant 180 Press video
Arrange a demonstration
Actions speak louder than words. As your platinum Xerox partner, RDT is standing by to give you a free demonstration of the Xerox Versant 180 Press.