A long time ago, in a galaxy far away, ISDN reigned free. It was the go-to telecoms choice for professional services.
ISDN dialled its way into existence at the dawn of the internet. Like a mobile flip phone shop, ISDN was at the cutting-edge.
Flash forward 30 decades and things have changed in the business world:
- Remote and flexible working are the norm
- Employees use mobile and fixed line telephony
- IP-based services are commonly used
Like the weather, things change. ISDN is now a relic of the past, a communications dinosaur that made its final call. So where does that leave the businesses of today?
Take a SIP trunking
As Dylan professed, the times are a changin. That’s why increasing numbers of businesses are making the move from ISDN to SIP trunking.
Like trading in a car that is no longer fit for purpose for an upgrade, SIP trunking drives business forward. Here’s 6 reasons why your business should no longer rely on ISDN:
- ISDN lacks the agility needed to meet the needs of today’s fast-moving consumers
- The management of multiple offices can be time consuming, costly and maintaining consistency of service across offices is often difficult
- Scalability is slow and often expensive
- ISDN-based telephony systems often require substantial capex investment
- Disaster Recovery is slow
- It can’t be combined with modern technologies like Ethernet to enhance voice services
Ready to ring up better business?
Technologies like SIP trunking offer a more flexible, cost-effective telecoms solution for your organisation to help you achieve your business goals. That is why it’s time to add ISDN replacement to your business agenda.